It's Holiday Season for the bad guys too! But not the way you might think. They go into scam-overdrive mode.
So, here are this year's Top 10 Holiday Cyber Security Alert Tips:
1) Keep all devices up to date with basic security measures to lessen your chance of becoming the victim.
2) Only connect to known Wi-Fi networks; beware of network names that have typos or extra characters.
3) Use strong, unique passwords on all accounts. This is a good time to update passwords!
4) Be safe on all social media; don't overshare and take the time to review your privacy settings on the platforms you use.
5) Keep an eye on your bank accounts and monitor your credit report regularly.
6) Be careful with messages regarding shipping changes. Always use official channels to stay updated.
7) Watch out for holiday greeting cards that may not be the sender you think! Don't open these unless you're certain you can trust who they came from.
8) Keep devices in view (or know where they are) throughout the course of all holiday travel.
9) Pay close attention to the websites you visit and shop on. It's safest to only use those you trust.
10) Be wary of ads, giveaways, and contests that seem too good to be true. These run rampant during the holiday season!